Safer York Partnership and North Yorkshire Community Safety Partnership hold the responsibility for Strategic Governance of Domestic Abuse across the City and County. This joint work enables us to re-locate both perpetrators and victims between the two Local Authorities and also delivers more effective and efficient ways of working through a single partnership structure.
Operational delivery is overseen by a Join Co-ordinating Group co-chaired by Head of Community Safety, City of York Council and Head of Safer Communities, North Yorkshire County Council. This group writes the York & North Yorkshire Domestic Abuse Strategy, oversees the commissioning of Domestic Abuse Services and co-ordinates the delivery of the action plan associated with the strategy.
- Contribute to the refresh and implementation of the Domestic Abuse Strategy for York & North Yorkshire
- Ensure that within York, partners are contributing to the local delivery structure and implementation of the Action Plan
- Ensure that within York, partners are engaged with the Domestic Abuse Forum for York and Selby to up-skill front line workers and benefit from the sharing of information and good practice
To report an incident:
To report an incident of domestic abuse please call North Yorkshire police 101.
If you have a speech or hearing impairment you can use Textphone 18001 101
In an emergency
In an emergency or if your safety is threatened, always call the police on 999.
Textphone 18000 – in an emergency
Independent Domestic Abuse Services
(IDAS) provide support and advice to men and women across York and North Yorkshire.
- IDAS Independent Domestic Abuse Services 03000 110 110
- IDAS Rape Support Line 0300 111 0777