Did you know that most vehicle crime is preventable? It can take as little as 10 seconds for a thief to steal something from your car.
- NEVER leave valuable items in your car, including loose change, clothing and your Sat Nav. Do you really need all those things you keep in the glove box?
- Wipe away the Sat Nav mark on your windscreen
- Never leave your car keys where they can be seen from the front door
- When parking at home, always use your garage if you have one and lock both your vehicle and your garage. If you don’t have a garage, try to park in a well-lit, open place
- Tuck in wing mirrors and put the aerial down to discourage vandals
- Mark cash-valuable items with your postcode and house number or your vehicle registration number, using a UV marker pen and register them at www.immobilise.com